East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since yellow perch are not too common around Knox, heres ,a few tips. I have caught them in Tellico Lake, but not often. However, Melton Hill has plenty, tho not as big as those pictured in Boone. If you get one 12" long , it is considered a large one. Below the steam plant in Claxton , within sight of the plant, in 15 ' of water or so, fish on the bottom with minnows, slow troll. Keep those of any cleaning size. They are easy to filet AND EAT! Almost as good as crappie---- They bite good when it is cold,cold,cold OR hot,hot,hot. A good ramp is located below & East of the steam plant , but I am not sure of the street names, but it is within "shooting distance" of the creek's exit onto the river below the plant. Keep us posted after you catch a mess. dada 1-5-11 10 AM

·
Premium Member
5,979 Posts
Thanks for the info dada! I work in Oak Ridge and travel through Solway across the lake daily. I've only fished it a couple of times from the bank. Not sure why but I've never brought my boat down to fish it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The road is called New Henderson and the ramp just maybe 2 miles or so on the right
Thanks jw, I usually go to Douglas, but the first time a friend told me about the perch, I CAUGHT 20 or so just right above where the creek ramp comes out . I might add that there are yellow perch under the river bridge at Clinton, but that is too darn close to where the sewer plant empties out in the river, so I don't fish there. dada 1-5-2:45 PM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.