East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to Watts Bar on the 13th and camp some where that night. Any one have any advice for crappie on Watts? I live close to Cherokee lake, but the draw down is a drag and I like to try some place new once in a while. I have heard around kingston is good this time of year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bad couple of days on Watts Barr.
The cold front that moved in on us Thursday didn't help a bit. My nephew and I put in below Kingston power plant about 2pm Thursday. the water temp was a good 4 degrees warmer within a quarter of the plant, so I figured it would good. caught a couple small mouths on minnow imitations, but that was it. After dark cold and defeated we loaded up and went back to camp. after a good bon-fire and polish sausages we climbed in the tent and listened to the wind rattle the rain fly till we fell asleep.
Friday morning we fished around Riley creek area. caught a channel cat and a couple small bass while they were pushing shad in shallow cove areas.
We got slammed with the front and it was cold and windy both days. My nephew was a real trooper and hung in there. Despite the conditions we did have a good time.
Roybrew

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fished out of blue spring marina to whites creek saturday 11/15/14. Managed 4 keeper crappie but only caught 5 total. Caught a bunch of fish and even got on a school of hybrids for a little bit. Had a 5lb bass come up and snatch a bream off my line right at the boat lol. Never would have seen a 5lb bass if i had been bass fishing. Not sure why but we couldnt find the crappie either. We targeted docks using bobby garland baby shad. Hopefully it will get better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good deal. I forgot what crappie taste like. You were just down the lake a ways from where we were. It was a cold windy day. Thanks for the info. Maybe I get back out that way this spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.