East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody live in or around Newport available to offer water conditions for the Pigeon? Thinking of going this weekend, just like to know if it's gonna be muddy or not.

·
Registered
164 Posts
one thing that might help you is the tva info hotline. 1-800-238-2284. this will tell you the flow rate of most of the rivers in the state. i dont live near the pigeon or the noli anymore or i would help you out with visual. i can generally tell what the water will be like on the noli with the flow rate if i watch it for a few days though.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Pigeon River (Big Pigeon is a made-up marketing term by the raft companies to help sell rafting trips) is controlled by Carolina Power and Light's Walters plant.

Release info can be gained by calling: 800-899-4435

·
Registered
3 Posts
as of october 6th the pigeon is pretty muddy tried for a little while today and only caught 2 largemouths about 8 inches long on yellow rooster tail./..should clear up in a couple of days ..if no more rain:(....i live about 100 yards from the river in the hartford/denton area.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.