East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my motor is screwed. Rod bearing tore up the crank. Appears as though someone has had it apart before and replaced the rod bearings. All were metal housed bearing cages except for one, and it was plastic.....this is the one that tore it up

I will never buy a used boat or motor again

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hate to hear that man. Probably not what you want to hear but give Nichols Outboard Engineering in Soddy Daisy a call, they can fix ya up right and quick too.
He may have a rebuilt drop on for a good price too. He and Del do great work.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
since i cant sale the renegade you can use it till you get yours fixed if you want to jon it needs drive

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
since i cant sale the renegade you can use it till you get yours fixed if you want to jon it needs drive

Joe, you are a hell of a guy
but I would hate to tear up something that is not mine....I seem to have some bad luck as of late.

I plan on taking the money it would take to fix, and using it as a down payment on something new....with a warranty

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Man I hate to hear the bad news. I think you are heading in the right direction with something new with a warranty. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I aint sure yet Bubba, but it will be something new

·
Banned
6,194 Posts
if its a johnson I will help ya rebuild her if the block aint screwed.that is if ya want to do it yourself. Im pretty good at it and i wouldnt charge ya a dime.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,979 Posts
I aint sure yet Bubba, but it will be something new
I'm sorry to hear that about your motor... Come on over to the boat show this weekend and see what you can find. Lots of good deals. If you are there tomorrow or Saturday morning stop by the Madisonville Marine booth and say hello. If you cant make it and want me to check on pricing for you, shoot me a PM with what you are looking for and I'll see what they have in stock.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if its a johnson I will help ya rebuild her if the block aint screwed.that is if ya want to do it yourself. Im pretty good at it and i wouldnt charge ya a dime.

I appreciate it crankster, but it is a merc 200. I just want to cut my losses with this boat and move on. I bought it a few years ago from a local dealer, and the motor blew up on it in the first two weeks of having it. I found another motor to put on it, drove it for three years and now it is blown up....this boat has been nothing but bad luck for me....caught on fire twice, tore up a trolling motor, had to replace both axels where wheel bearings had gone out before I bought it....dealer said it had been redone...they just put new wheel bearings on the messed up spindles. They lasted about a year....I am just ready to sell the boat without the motor and call it a loss

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
... and I must say it is a REALLY nice boat, too.... If I didn't just buy one I would be all over it.

·
Banned
6,194 Posts
I appreciate it crankster, but it is a merc 200. I just want to cut my losses with this boat and move on. I bought it a few years ago from a local dealer, and the motor blew up on it in the first two weeks of having it. I found another motor to put on it, drove it for three years and now it is blown up....this boat has been nothing but bad luck for me....caught on fire twice, tore up a trolling motor, had to replace both axels where wheel bearings had gone out before I bought it....dealer said it had been redone...they just put new wheel bearings on the messed up spindles. They lasted about a year....I am just ready to sell the boat without the motor and call it a loss

What kind of boat is it Jon?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts