East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!!

Hey I just wanted to ask if anyone has done much fishing at the Steel Creek Park Lake? I live less than 1/4 mile from it and have seen some decent sized fish in there. My kids and I have gone fishing a couple of times ans they have a field day with the Bluegill. Even though bluegill are a blast, i myself am looking for something a little bigger (other than Carp) to tug on my line. Bass, Crappie,etc. I have also been curious about if there are any Cats in this little lake?

Anybody have any input please let me know!!!

Thank you,

·
Registered
88 Posts
They are all in there. I have only caught 1 or 2 crappie so I don't think there are many of them but there are plenty of good size bass and cats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
WOW ! Steele Creek had forgot about that place, used to fish it 25 years ago. caught a lot of bass there some of them in the 3 to 4 pound range. Tell you a secret, used to be a wall holding the sand on the beach.

if you stand on the beach and make a really long cast you can throw beyond the wall. We used to fish plastic worms from the beach and almost everytime you would bring a worm up that wall you would get a hit ! Done that for 2 summers and caught lots of largemouth. Feel for the wall if it's still there you should catch some fish ! Good Luck !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you go towards roosterfront to the dam area there is trout, bass, and cats but also if you go to the pier in Steele's creek there's a tree right before the mountain bike trail and there are some bass nests and crappie and tons of bluegill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts