Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:: Question

Date Fished:

Time Fished:

Air Temp:

Water Temp:
I need a little South Carolina help once again. I am headed to Santee Cooper to fish a BFL this weekend as a co-angler. Wandering if anyone knows what the conditions are like down there.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
I wish I could help you. Maybe someone will chim in.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If they aren't already, they should be very close to bedding down there right now. Russellville flats is a good place to flip cypress trees if they are still prespawn, there's a place down at the lower end of the big lake too that locals call the duck pond that always has good beds. I'd focus on flipping mats and cypress trees unless your boater is fishing bed fish, then I'd drag a lizard slow if he is. Also a Yamamoto cut tail worm works good too

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! Any idea if Santee is a "frogging" lake. I talked to a guy yesterday that told me that I needed to have at least one rod rigged with braided line because there would be a bunch of the boaters that would just want to throw a frog, like a Spro or a KVD frog.

Any thoughts on the braided line? I hate braid, but I feel like I am going to have to use it down there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts