East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty sure me, my brother, sister in-law and her dad are planning a trip over there sometime this spring. Just wondering if anyone had ever fished it before and how you liked it. We're looking at a place that offers package deals on boats they rent(14' jons w/ outboard), lodging, and gas...seems like a pretty good deal. Its not really a fancy place, but the main reason we're goin is just to get away and catch some fish. Anyways, If anyone has any reviews...Lemme know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
All I can tell you Bubba is read the fine print! Me and Bethany were gonna do the same package deal. Alot of hidden expences were involved and we didnt go. Go with me in August to the Boundary waters. Going by myself for 10 days, unless I can find someone else to go??

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can tell you about Bluebank, as my son and I have been there a couple of times. The lake is beautiful and full of fish. Not much else to do around there- the nearest Wal-Mart is about 30 miles away if that tells you anything. The cabins and Lodge are right beside the marina and you can pretty much walk out your door and into your boat. the rental boats are 16' johns w/9hp motor which is fine -the lake is not that big. YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE YOUR OWN BOAT The lake is shallow and full of stumps. I reccommend taking a small trolling motor and battery.- We went in june and july when the rates were down and caught a lot of 3-4lb bass on spinnerbaits. Early spring is prime crappie season too, and you can catch boatloads of 'em.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can tell you about Bluebank, as my son and I have been there a couple of times. The lake is beautiful and full of fish. Not much else to do around there- the nearest Wal-Mart is about 30 miles away if that tells you anything. The cabins and Lodge are right beside the marina and you can pretty much walk out your door and into your boat. the rental boats are 16' johns w/9hp motor which is fine -the lake is not that big. YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE YOUR OWN BOAT The lake is shallow and full of stumps. I reccommend taking a small trolling motor and battery.- We went in june and july when the rates were down and caught a lot of 3-4lb bass on spinnerbaits. Early spring is prime crappie season too, and you can catch boatloads of 'em.

Hey possum, I just looked up that "Bluebank Resort". Did you like it there? It looks to be really nice. Were the advertised rates what you paid? As in no hidden fees or anything? We're gonna try to go at the end of march, so I thought about looking at the Spring Special(March 16th thru May 28th)...which is $279. They say thats "3 or 4 days"...reckon that means 3 nights, or possibly 4?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey possum, I just looked up that "Bluebank Resort". Did you like it there? It looks to be really nice. Were the advertised rates what you paid? As in no hidden fees or anything? We're gonna try to go at the end of march, so I thought about looking at the Spring Special(March 16th thru May 28th)...which is $279. They say thats "3 or 4 days"...reckon that means 3 nights, or possibly 4?
I think if you check in on Sunday you can get the extra day. The resort is split up. the Lodge and cabins are at the marina and the"motel" is about two miles up the road. We stayed in one of the cabins. They are old, but clean. There is a nice game room with pool tables and a bar, and a gift/tackle shop all there together. I never stayed at the motel, but they have a nice resteraunt there as well. The bar is covered with signatures of pro fishermen and celebretiesthat have stayed there. I would request a room at the marina, otherwise you are going to have to drive two miles to your boat. We really enjoyed the trips there. You would not believe the abundance of wildlife and waterfowl, bald eagles, etc.... plus the fishing is great. pm me with a phone # if you want more info.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think if you check in on Sunday you can get the extra day. The resort is split up. the Lodge and cabins are at the marina and the"motel" is about two miles up the road. We stayed in one of the cabins. They are old, but clean. There is a nice game room with pool tables and a bar, and a gift/tackle shop all there together. I never stayed at the motel, but they have a nice resteraunt there as well. The bar is covered with signatures of pro fishermen and celebretiesthat have stayed there. I would request a room at the marina, otherwise you are going to have to drive two miles to your boat. We really enjoyed the trips there. You would not believe the abundance of wildlife and waterfowl, bald eagles, etc.... plus the fishing is great. pm me with a phone # if you want more info.

Cool, Thanks!

You've got a PM.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Don't let anyone mislead you Bubba, That ain't no lake, that is one great big major stump field with water wrapped around it. Stay in the boat lanes. The time you got planned to go should put some great big Shell Crackers on the spawn beds and you will have a blast. The lake has alot of bass in it also but no monsters. 3 lbs is big.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't let anyone mislead you Bubba, That ain't no lake, that is one great big major stump field with water wrapped around it. Stay in the boat lanes. The time you got planned to go should put some great big Shell Crackers on the spawn beds and you will have a blast. The lake has alot of bass in it also but no monsters. 3 lbs is big.

Haha, Yeah....I've seen pics of it....said the average depth was 5'! Hoping to get on some crappie too if it isn't too early.(last week in March).

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am going with a group of 12 on 3-6 April this year. About half of these guys are BPS employees. We are staying at Bluebank and have rented a house that is supposed to sleep about 18 people. Anyone know where the house is located in relation to the marina? We all want to target crappie only and have been told this is prime time, we'll see. The cost of boat, motor,gas, house, ice and minnows is included and will run about $300 each for three days. I understand you need a special license for that lake, anyone know for sure, cost? By the way, Bluebank required a $100 non-refundable deposit for each person which we have already paid.

After we return I'll give everyone a report, if anyone is interested.

If anyone has any advice about fishing Reelfoot I would appricate the help. By the way, we have hired 2 guides for the first day to help locate fish and learn how to fish for crappie there. I have been told you don't need a guide there but we have already paid that deposit as well. I'll let you know how that goes too....................Thanks, Al

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welp guys, Its official....We're gonna be going to Reelfoot lake March 24-28th. We booked our reservations at a place called "Sportsman Resort". They had a little better rate than Bluebank and we had already gotten some info from them anyways. We'll be checking in that evening(24th) and tues., wed., and thurs. will be nothing but fishing.
Then leave out that friday morning. I'll definetly have a report for you guys whenever we get back from the trip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts