East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I grew up riding ATV's in Fla, and sold my ATV just after we moved here. now for my Question...I bought my Son a 50cc Dirt bike for Christmas. Took him out today riding on some trails down the road from my house. well it rained yesterday, and the Trail is Red Clay. What is the best way to get this stuff off? In Fla we only mud & Sugar Sand. Are there any tricks i could do to help with clean up? as i had to hose the bike down for about 30 min to get the clay of the tires.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
high pressure water and hot water if you can and when you get it off put a good coat of wax on it and it will help next time.

·
Registered
729 Posts
go to your local atv motorcycle store and tell them you wont some stain cleaner... there a few different cleaners and then like countryboy said you can put wax on it

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My biggest problem was with the tires. So it is OK to spray WD-40 in the Tires? the fender i have already waxed and they were not really the problem, I know we used to do the same with mineral oil, on the fenders and stuff in Fla, but we never had any issues with stuff sticking to the Rubber tires there we never sprayed it on them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't know that I'd put it on the tires. Best bet there would be to use some purple power a scrub brush and high water pressure. Sorry, no easy way around it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You can put a good coat of red oil on everything(exept the seat of course) and when your boy is done riding just hose it off and put on another coat.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
back when me and pop ran round track my job was to spray everything down with baby oil on the car and after the race he just hosed it down and it came clean but the tires we always had some discoloration from the mud

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I wouldn't advise putting wd-40 on the plastic. It will fade. As for the tires use purple power and high pressure washer. I always wash mine with Proclean 1000 wash. Then they have a spray can called helment renew. This stuff is awsome. It shines like a prand new penny. Just spray it on and wipe off, leaves and thin coat that will wash the mud and dirt right off. It works on the frame too. I used wd-40 on the engine and armor all on the tires. Our local dealerships carried it around here or you can go to there web-site. www.proclean1000.com. They sponsored me when I raced. I learned the hard way about spraying wd-40 on my plastics. I had a 2001 mohajave quad, and after 3 months the plastic looked 10 years old. You could spray wd-40 on it and it would shine again. But when you washed it off it looked like crap. Try the proclean 1000 you won't regreat it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts