East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on a trip for kentucky lake in march never fished the lake before.Not wanting anybodys hot spots just some spots that would be good too fish and what type of baits too use.Any info would be greatly appreciated.Will be targeting bass a couple of days and crappie for a day

·
Registered
89 Posts
I dont know about the crappie, But end of february I fished three days at Ky lake. We caught 20-25 fish a day just cranking. Im not sure if this pattern is still working but it could still be good. There were some people we knew that were fishing too that were idling around main and secondary points looking for schools of bait and throwing an A-rig around them, but they werent getting as many bites but were catching bigger fish. Two day tourney took 45 and some change to win and they all came on an A-rig from what i heard. There were a lot of people slow fishing jigs too but we never did. We put in at kenlake and went south but everybody on the A-rig bite was fishing to the north.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.