Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:: :: Fishing Report

Date Fished: 04may2012-05may2012

Time Fished: evening- midday

Weather: Clear Sky

Air Temp: 85-90

Water Clarity: Visability 2' to 3'

Water Temp: 76

Target Species: Black Bass (LM, SM, Spots, etc.)

Baits Used: Cranks,Plastics,Top Water,Jigs ,Spinner Baits

Structure Fished: Main Points & Humps,Secondary Points & Humps,Rock Banks,Docks ,Brush Piles,Underwater Structure
hit kentucky lake friday evening n sat midday caught 50 or so bass between us prob had 15 keepers. fished alot of territory 20-30 miles north of i-40. had some wind, this place gets rough quick !prob best pattern was small crank on rocky points followed up w jig. we did catch some topwater bite last 40 min of daylite but they were no keepers prob 12''/14'' but lots of fun! done some night fishin too , threw the black spinnerbait n jig caught a couple nice ones n 4-5 non keepers. great place to fish if not too much wind n they need water bad ! long drive from sevierville! had a great time w good buddy great day to SET THE Hook ! pics to follow , i hope !

·
Registered
116 Posts
You are right Mr. Cox. That is a longear "pumpkinseed" Sunfish. Note the extension of the black spot on the gill. Cool looking fish.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep thats the coolest "bluegill" i've ever caught ! looks like it should b n an aquarium !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.