East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with a oil leak where the hose goes in the motor to mix with the gas. I,ve had it in the shop a couple of times but the leak comes back. I hate to see this oil on the basement floor and I sure don,t like to see it in the lake water. My question is, the motor has two alarms, one for the water pump and one for the oil mix. Can I disable the oil mix alarm and just mix my own gas and oil? If so, how do I do this?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
yes you can unhook it I have done it in the past.I would rather mix my own oil I don't trust the oilers after my motor went down on me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
On the oil leak, you might see what type of clamp you've got on the hose. Alot of boat engines will come from the factory with what I call a "souped up zip tie" securing these hoses. Many people when they work on them for whatever reason will put a small radiator style hose clamp back on, and when overtightened which is easy to do will pinch the hose and cause the leak.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i ran into this problem last spring on a tohatsu 50hp the oil pump went out and left me stranded made it back to the truck with the trolling motor luckily no harm was done thanks to low oil buzzer i removed the oil pump and mixed the oil and gas but the engine didnt run right after i did this it should have thached out around 5800 it was only hitting 5000 called tohatsu nissan corp to find out that the fuel pump was not designed so you could premix it was the same as running 100 to 1 mix or better they said i was getting to much oil after installing new oil pump rpm is back up where it should be alot of time those little clapms they put on the fuel and oil line will not be tight enought and allow seapage i would put a small hose clamp on but becareful in foin this as some engine has like a graphite fitting on oil and fuel fittings that will break easily under pressure especily when cold

1 - 9 of 9 Posts