East Tennessee Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to book a lake house for Thanksgiving somewhere in SC or GA that we can striper fish. We are looking at Hartwell, Clarks Hill and Murray and possibly Lanier. Anyone have suggestions as which would be the better option as far as fishing goes?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Tennessee has fishing that is to good for me to leave that time of year unless going to the salt water.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I think lakefront rental is available on lots of larger lakes anymore. Chamber of commerce would be a great place to ask for rental info but you need to know where(which part of lake) before contacting them.You may want to go back on some of the fishing forums like here on ETF to the time of year you want to fish. Striper are very much doing the same thing year after year in the same place so you can plan were the best rental location would be. Norris has some good rental property around Lone Mtn. dock to Straight Creek marina where the fish will be close. Cherokee will be best upstream from 25E bridge in late Nov. Other options would be some of the monster Salty Striper on the Atlantic Coast but you may want to hire a guide. I would be glad to help with information on where and how to catch where I am familiar with.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I never have a problem on Cherokee anytime of the year. Norris is always a challange but bait keeps for weeks in a good bait tank if the striper don't kill them first. Gulls show you where the fish are and artificials work good.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like I may start looking at Cherokee again. We had a fun time this year the weekend of the ETF picnic with lots of success. If anyone knows of a 4-5 bedroom lakefront house for rent on Cherokee please let me know.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Try Morristown Chamber. 423-586-6382 Maria K. Fisher

Margaret's Place 865-767-3428

The condos at Grerman Creek

Go to the Cherokee posts here on ETF for that week in 2011 to see what is going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts