East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that someone fished Douglas today 2/1/08. I would like to read some fishing reports if anyone has any. I was thinking of fishing this Sunday any tips would be helpful. Also would like to try fishing the FNF but I have never fished this before. Does the FNF work on Douglas? If so could I get some tips on how to fish the FNF. I would be thankful to anyone who might give me any tips.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My pappy fished last Sunday and Tuesday. He caught eight on Sunday and only two on Tuesday. Shallow cranks between Dandridge and Indian Creek. Had one almost 4 lb on Sunday. I don't know how well a FNF would do on Douglas for bass, but you would probably catch a bunch of crappie.

J

·
Premium Member
5,979 Posts
Also would like to try fishing the FNF but I have never fished this before. Does the FNF work on Douglas? If so could I get some tips on how to fish the FNF.
Momma gave you the instructions... Thanks momma!

As for using the FNF on Douglas, the short answer is yes, you can catch fish on it there. The long answer is you can use it and you will catch fish but... the numbers of quality SM are just not at the same level yet as you will find on lakes like Norris and Cherokee. In addition, there are not as many "prime" spots for the FNF on Douglas as there are on other lakes. However, the SM population continues to grow on that lake. More and more larger SMs are caught each year since the change in size limit was moved to 20".

The good thing about fishing the FNF on Douglas... if the SM dont hit it, the Crappie usually will.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts