East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving from Texas to Knoxville in about a week. Looking to take the family on an RV camping/fishing trip this Summer to some area lakes Most likely will be bank fishing or from a dock. I may rent a john boat or a kayak for a day or two. Any recommendations for a family of four, two of which will be fishing every day?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Douglas is a good lake for that. It covers three counties east of Knoxville. The Dandridge dock is very nice to fish from if you don’t have a boat and the kids have room to play.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Moving from Texas to Knoxville in about a week. Looking to take the family on an RV camping/fishing trip this Summer to some area lakes Most likely will be bank fishing or from a dock. I may rent a john boat or a kayak for a day or two. Any recommendations for a family of four, two of which will be fishing every day?
Cherokee Lake. Falls creek campground.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have lived in Knoxville all of my life pretty much except for time away overseas in the military. I tournament bass fish as well as fun fish and I have a family of four kids myself and we do a lot of camping. If you're looking to fish for bass,crappie, bluegill or catfish the great thing about Knoxville is that you are within 30 minutes of a half a dozen great freshwater lakes all which have campgrounds on them. I like Norris in the month of May. Chickamauga in January or just whenever it's cold. Cherokee in March. Watts bar in April and I live on Fort Loudon which is usually good in the spring through the winter it just gets a lot of pressure. I don't know if you smallmouth fished before but if you haven't? You're about to have a good time because most of our lakes contain good smallmouth. The smallmouth around here if they weighed a hundred pounds your boat would be nothing but a buzz bait. I would check the TVA website there are some great campgrounds at Melton Hill lake, Douglas lake,Norris lake Cherokee lake and Fort Loudon and Watts bar. The other great advantage is if you enjoy fishing for trout we have the Great Smoky mountains here as well as the clinch River which is very easy and accessible from the bank which is right below Norris so camping there as well. I hope this information helps if you ever want to email me when you get here and fish sometime together I'll show you what the Volunteer State is all about. My email is bass
Water Shorts Cloud Smile Sky

Water Sky Cloud Boat Vertebrate

Water Sky Water resources Shorts Tree

Water Sky Cloud Shorts Boat

Water Sky Cloud Lake Tree

kicker [email protected].

1 - 4 of 4 Posts