East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner

New G3 1610

943 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Killeroy154 
#1 ·
Just bought a new G3 1610 SS with a 50 hp Yamaha. Put it in the water and immediately had a leak. Pumped it out with the bilge pump. Took it back to the dealer. A week later I'm told that my new boat needs to be sent back to the factory to be taken apart to have the keel leak repaired. So, the boat obviously left the factory with a leaking keel, I bought it with a leaking keel, and I am going to be forced to keep a factory defective but repaired boat, and have to wait probably weeks to have it sent to the factory, then back to the dealer. Right now I'm out $30k for a boat that I kept in my possession about a week. If that's what you're looking for in a boat then by all means buy a G3.

#3 ·
It is a welded hull, but they apparently left something unwelded in the keel. Water pours in so fast you can see the current as it trickles in from underneath the gas tank. I guess maybe they don't perform a leak test before it leaves the factory because this couldn't be missed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.