East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to go fishing somewhere this evening and was wondering how the water clearity is on the LPR around Newport... I know those smallies will get back into the French Broad soon so its now or next year for me!

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Sorry cant help... But do have a question,,,holw long do the smallies stay in the river,,,I know in Sevierville they are only there for about a month or a month and a half....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry cant help... But do have a question,,,holw long do the smallies stay in the river,,,I know in Sevierville they are only there for about a month or a month and a half....

Well normally they stay in the LPR most of the summer depending on how far up the river your fishing... The closer to the French Broad the longer the smallies stay in the LPR

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think you are talking about the Big Pigeon River (actually technically "Big" is not an official name for the river - it's really just the "Pigeon River"). I'm assuming LPR is for Little Pigeon River. The two rivers are completely separate. The Little Pigeon runs from past Gatlinburg to where it flows into the French Broad in Sevierville (downriver from Douglas Lake).

Just wanted to clear that up...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.