Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:: Question

Date Fished:

Time Fished:

Air Temp:

Water Temp:
Hey, I am headed to Lake Murray this Saturday (March 2nd) to fish a BFL as a co-angler. Anybody got any tips or hot lures they'd like to share??

·
Registered
388 Posts
Lake Murray has a primary forage base of blueback herring. It would be good to keep that in mind down there. They are also ahead of us in the spawn.

According to where you're fishing I would be sure to have a swimbait, rattletrap and a chatter bait tied on.

Murray is stacked full of 3-5 pounders. My primary bait would be the rattletrap this time of year. If you find them stacked up somewhere with it then you can pick them apart.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey!! Thanks everyone, I did finish third!! I was actually winning for most of the weigh-in, but got bumped twice in the last 15 minutes of the weigh in, there was only 1 5 bass limit weighed in on co-angler side and he won, but I weighed in 4 and 2 of them were pretty good, I caught three of them on a 3/8 oz black and blue Booyah Pigskin Jig with a blue fleck Rage Tail trailer and I caught the best one on a Lucky Craft Stazee 90, it was very cold!! even for South Carolina, I think the high was only 40 that day, everybody was fishing to shallow for them, so I stayed on the bottom and had some luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts