East Tennessee Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be heading down to Lake Murray the last thursday friday and saturday in march on a mens fishing retreat... haven't ever fished SC so I'm completely clueless on this lake...any help you guys can give me I really appreciate it!!

Thanks,

Coty

·
Registered
81 Posts
Years ago before I came to my senses, I bass fished Lake Murray alot. In late March we would throw a floating pink worm or a yellow Kelly worm in shallow water. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've only fished lake Murray once and it was on March 12, 1993. My wife's birthday. The second cast I made I caught 7 lb largemouth on a mann's loudmouth crankbait. It was the latest and greatest plug out back then and I only had one. Two casts later I hit the bank and broke the lip off. We only caught two more fish that day on a worm and the next day it snowed six inches on us and we sat in the motel room. I came home to three feet of snow and one pissed off wife with no power. Since then I try not to mention that lake anywhere around her.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've only fished lake Murray once and it was on March 12, 1993. My wife's birthday. The second cast I made I caught 7 lb largemouth on a mann's loudmouth crankbait. It was the latest and greatest plug out back then and I only had one. Two casts later I hit the bank and broke the lip off. We only caught two more fish that day on a worm and the next day it snowed six inches on us and we sat in the motel room. I came home to three feet of snow and one pissed off wife with no power. Since then I try not to mention that lake anywhere around her.
JUST THOUGHT I'D REMIND YOU NOT TO FORGET YOUR WIFE'S B-DAY, COMING UP PRETTY QUICK!

·
Registered
44 Posts
JUST THOUGHT I'D REMIND YOU NOT TO FORGET YOUR WIFE'S B-DAY, COMING UP PRETTY QUICK!

I know, that's why I'm going down to Santee this Thursday. If I'm lucky maybe it will snow again and I'll have to stay and fish for a week or two this time. That is if you would quit hogging all the snow in Marion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have fished Murray during late March early April several times. If the water is warming a white floating worm around any wood cover or grass will get you bit. Texas rigged plastic lizards, creature baits, and finesse worms are always a good choice in the pockets. The last time I was there in March a #5 shad rap in tennessee shad was really good. All of the areas around Dreher island have been good to me. You can't go wrong with Flukes and Senkos either.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dont worry Coty, I'll hook you up. I don't mind sharing.......least not how to catch little ones... saving the hawgs for me...lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Me and my dad were there last year roind this time. We did rrally well on the bubble gum trick worms and buzz baits. We fished way up in longer cteeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts