East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I moved to Knox County last October and am having a hell of a time finding places to bank fish when the Clinch isn't running generators. Are there any small(10-40 acre) lakes or ponds with good bank access? Any streams that don't depend on a dam generator? All that I've come up with so far are the pigeon river in Pigeon Forge, Fountain City duck pond, Bull Run park and the ponds at Victor Ashe Park. I was told to check out clear creek as well and that turned out to be a colossal disaster, I hiked at least a mile into the woods and caught two shiners a total of 4 inches long between the two.

For what it's worth, I live in Powell, and have seen Hinds Creek and Buffalo(Beaver?) Creek but am not sure what types of fish reside in those bodies of water.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would go to Loyston point park or secondly blue mud boat rap at big ridge. The lake is low and there are miles of banks to walk and fish. The fishing for smallmouth with small swimbaits is good now. Get there early and fish pea gravel bottoms. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.