East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i got a question. Something i would like to find out how you guys like to fish around these. Here is the situation and you post how you would go about fishing in this situation. Lets say you can pick 1 day and 1 day only in this seven day period. Here is the situation there is a front moving in to your area and you have 1 day to fish when would you fish before or after. Now i excpect Softy to really post on this. I want to know how you guys would fish in this situation and when before or after and how. Post up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I personally like to fish the day before a front moves through, sometimes even a few hours before a front really settles in, fishing can be good, or probably the 3rd day after a strong front. That's not to say you can't catch fish after a (cold) front, I just find it's slower and downsizing the lure and slowing down the presentation seems to help.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Ok i got a question. Something i would like to find out how you guys like to fish around these. Here is the situation and you post how you would go about fishing in this situation. Lets say you can pick 1 day and 1 day only in this seven day period. Here is the situation there is a front moving in to your area and you have 1 day to fish when would you fish before or after. Now i excpect Softy to really post on this. I want to know how you guys would fish in this situation and when before or after and how. Post up.

Here is the situation and you post how you would go about fishing in this situation.

Here is the situation

I want to know how you guys would fish in this situation

Are sure about the situation.

Josh

I would definitely want to fish before the front. Usually when a front moves through the barometric pressure will rise, which in my experiences, the fishing gets tougher. As far as how, it depends on the lake and what I feel comfortable with, which is usually a spinnerbait, crankbait or jig.

J

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I would have to say the day that the front starts. or as it is moving in and I would use cranks or spinnerbait so I could cover lots of area to find fish that are feeding and active.and as the bite slows I would use a jig.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I wonder why you would expect me to post on this. I am not one to share alot of my opinions on things..................

·
Banned
6,194 Posts
ok, back to the topic at hand.

In my experiences, I have had Great Luck Right before and the first part of a front moving through. In the summer, during the evening when the dark clouds start rollin your way, everything starts getting realllly calm. You just have that feeling that the fish are gonna bite!!

One night in particular that stands out in my mind. Me and Cronkbait was up at Watauga. It was late probably 1:30-2:00 am. Storm started rolling in, Thunder, Lightning, off in the distance. It got to that , very calm, stage. We were getting bit pretty good. After a little while, wind startd picking up, the surface of the lake started rollin. The thunder and lighting was right on top of us!! We kept fishing. We were getting bit left and right during that storm!! There was a big bolt of lightnin that I swear must have hit the trees on the bank we were fishing. I hit the deck!!!! and just about messed my drawrs!! The storm didn't linger around long and passed. We had a great night of fishin that night! Me and Cronkbait have laughed about that for years every time we fish that spot!

Cronkbait, you may wanna chime in on this one and let them know what my face looked like what that happend!!
Still trying to get that brown stain out of his boat carpet!
!

otis44' post='6331 said:
For some reason when I read the word "shard' the same thought came to my mind

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
J()n , turn your machine on.......
Ok weather front fishing, well this is a fairly easy subject for me cause weather fronts seldom effect my style of fishing but t does most folks. If I was going to be fishing in water averaging 10 foot of less I would much rather fish just prior to or just during the time the front is moving in. On Old Hickory lake the best time to fish it is when your fishing on one side of the lake and a tornado is traveling up the opposite side of the lake. The fish go nuts and will hit an empty hook on that lake at that time. But under normal conditions like I said just before the front arrives if fishing shallow. Now if you fish water that is deeper tahn 10 feet most of the time weather fronts and high or low pressure systems seldom change the moods of fish in deeper water so if I'm catching fish before a front in say 15 to 25 foot water I can go to those same locations right directly after the front moves through and still catch fish about the same way with the same baits. Fronts also effect fish differently on different lakes also so I guess alot of it is the area in which you live and fish. It does have a more adverse effect on a lake such as Old Hickory than it does on Percy Priest Lake and these lakes are only about 10 miles apart but Priest Lake is a much better lake to fish right after a cold front because it is a deeper clearer lake. I have found that for the most part deeper lakes are less effective over all with weather fronts. Now that is my humble opinion on weather fronts and bass.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts