Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:: Question

Date Fished:

Time Fished:

Air Temp:

Water Temp:
Im heading down to Garden City for the week and taking my surf rods hoping to catch some fish. Reading some other reports sounds like there might be bait and sand fleas as options for catching bait and some pompano in the surf.

Has anyone been lately and could give me some pointers and headed in the right direction?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was at myrtle from 6-30 to7-7 done really well with finger mullet and fresh shrimp used a bottom rig and a mullet rig while surf fishing there is a bait shop called Perry bait and tackle they were real helpfull for us and shot us pretty straight

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fished 2 mornings with shrimp and sand fleas and didnt catch a thing. What part of Garden City were you fishing? Next time I am down there I may walk down to the jetty at the south end of GC.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fished right above the surfside pier in surf and on the second avenue pier. I tried sand fleas with no luck at all all fish caught in surf were sharks liked to had got into some pompano heard they were biting near the jettys at inlet

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headed back down to Garden City this weekend. Thinking about making the long walk down to the point at the Jetty.

Has anyone been in the area lately?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts