East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great Ideal, I have started to fish serious for the last couple of years and have never thought of this. What was the name of the site you got this off of.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I have kept logs for years and with the new compact computers now longs can be kept at your finger tips while on the water. I began using trip logs on computer about 3 years ago. For those that still use paper logs the post here with teh log is a very good one to use and very detailed.

Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I try to keep up with all fish caught even the ones under 12 inches because it might be a 11 1/2 inch fish in the early spring but in the late summer it will be real close to being a keeper if not so that gives you some ideas to where you can go and mybe catch a few fish when it is slow else where. If you have a gps to mark a place that you catch some fish that are short you can keep a check and see if they still us the place if so maybe a honey hole. But all else is pettry much the same. Great Idea

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Ditto to what Snoot said. You young guys need to start one. It's cool to go back and look at what you caught somewhere and what on from 10 years back.

Something I think that is really important,,,especially in the fall/winter, is logging the lake level. I know if I had a successful trip on some brush and the lake was @ 960 and I log that,,,,then I know 5 years later if I am on the same lake and it is @ 960,,,I will going to that same brush.

Just my .02 cents worth.

J

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
That looks cool I have been thinking of doing a log this year. I think tonight would be a good time to start thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
something I do on my log is write down the weather for a couple of days before my trip that way I know how long the front was or how many nice weather days before I go fishing.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Sweet......I'm gonna keep a log starting this year. I think I will transfer it to excel so it will be easier to search.....another good idea is to take pics of the spot as well....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts