East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know how true this is..... i herd that if you take your deer meat and instead of soaking overnight in salt water that you can put some water and tomato paste together and let it soak over night and it makes it real tender...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='snoot' date='Feb 6 2008, 06:13 AM' post='8884']

momma says to tell you that soaking it in ButterMilk overnight will make it tender...

[/quote BUTTERMILK.... that would horrible i am allergic to buttermilk
thanks for recipe

·
Registered
366 Posts
tender deer roast,my wife cooks deer roast in the crock pot all day in a mix of lipton beefy onion soup mix saly & pepper. it falls apart & it sure is tasty, we have had people say they just cant stand the taste of deer who had a change of mind after trying this roast & if you like jerky try some crockett creek marinade & spices

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tender deer roast,my wife cooks deer roast in the crock pot all day in a mix of lipton beefy onion soup mix saly & pepper. it falls apart & it sure is tasty, we have had people say they just cant stand the taste of deer who had a change of mind after trying this roast & if you like jerky try some crockett creek marinade & spices
ill try that thanks wattsbar

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anything acidic will break down the meat and make it tender. tTomato juice, sauce, etc. Try squeezing two orange halves over it and putting it in a plastic bag overnight with the juice. You'll be amazed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts