East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get off Loudoun and start doing some crappie fishing on Melton Hill. Can anyone give me some advice on where to start? Is anyone currently catching any crappie on the lake? I would like to fish the lower end from the dam up to carbide park. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I am a new guy on the board and live out on Melton Hill Lake. I also fish Norris from time to time. I set out this year with a personal fishing goal to catch Crappie year-round about walleye. So far I have caught fish every month since January. The bite is getting tougher in this heat for sure.

I look forward to sharing with you guys and gals.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've gone out twice for crappie specifically in the last 4 weeks. Three of us total were out for around 9 hours altogether....we left with 2 keepers, 3 throwbacks and two white bass. We tried trolling at different depths, as well as stop and cast fishing and just couldn't find the buggers....the search continues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.