East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a friend that lives on Smith Mountain lake. They did not get bad there until a few years back and boom. Huge striper kill off, he also said the same thing happened to Boone this summer. I have not been down there for any fishing this year to check it out but if so than that is a huge bummer for me. Put my hands on some nice size fish from that lake. I know that Smith is still trying to recover form its huge copepod epidemic, most of the problem I believe is all the striper guides. Not really cutting them down but a large amount of fish are hauled into those boats and not released. I know that we was catching some stripers a few years back on boone that did not have any of the copepods in their mouths, ranged from small to huge stripers but the last time we went they were packed with them. The stripers around Melton Hill and Watts Bar have a large amount of them on their gills or so so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.