East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner

Cleaning your boat

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Rattler 
#1 ·
What's the best way to clean your carpet, I have some slim stains and some blood stains. Anyone know a good way to clean your carpet.

Also does anyone know of a place around knoxville that will clean your boat and carpet good....

#2 ·
We go to the car wash, use resolve carpet cleaner and foamy soap brush to scrub. Sometimes we use dilluted bleach on blood and mildew.

#3 ·
I use an even mixture of Purple Power, Greased Lightning and Water in a squirt Bottle. Spray it on the stains, get a stiff bristle brush and work it into the carpet. Let it set for no more than 2 minutes. Then I use a pressure washer adjusted on low pressure and spray the soiled area to rinse, shop vac it, then spray more with the pressure washer to help rinse. Rinse and Vac several times if needed to get the soap out.

#5 ·
What Jon said about the low pressure at the carwash is dead on. I"ve got a buddy who carpets/repairs boats and he's always said the high pressure hose at the carwash gets him alot of work. It can either raise the carpet up, or break down the glue/bond and cause premature wear.

#10 ·
I for one went on a catfishing spree last summer due to the low oxygen levels in Loudon and ended up with a slime covered deck that stunk so bad in the garage I thought the miss's was going to evict me and the boat. Read up on it and found for slime and odor diluted white vinegar was listed as the best, tried it, and in fact it worked like a charm with a wet dry vac to pick up the extra spill over. I do not put anything that might bleach the carpet in my boat, but Oxiclean powder mixed with water and put into a spray bottle will pull every stain I have had out (blood, hydraulic steering fluid, Mt. Dew), just spray or pour it on the stain, pick up the extra with a towel and done, it is truely an amazing product.

RR

#14 ·
I have always used oxyclean. I usually just pour it on and vacuum it out, leaving it to air dry.

#15 ·
If you get blood spots on the carpet or stain from someone

being careless with a bottle of "Kickin' Bass Attractant",,

(Fishman) and turns your carpet GREEN
try one of

those Tide Pens for removing clothes stains...Also seein' as

to how 2/3rds of my boat is Onxy White which is a very bright

white, I use one of those Mr. Clean Magic erasers to remove

scuffs and road junk from the hull.
Works great!!!!

Rat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.