East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:: Question
Hey fellow fisherman, myself and my best fishing friend have been fishing several coves off the river off of Alcoa Hwy. (Topside Rd and Maloney Rd boat ramp). We are now looking to head to Melton Hill on Friday after 2:00pm to start switching stuff up and to start catching something bigger than the few ounce strip, small mouth and the random largemouth.

Where are the hot spots and any suggestions on bait and how to fish????

ALSO- suggestions of other places around Bull Run/ Melton Hill area we should check out???

any advice, tip, tricks and info would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
WS3D glad you could give such good advice to some neighbors!.i showed up late for the ? but i sure hope i might help out a fellow fisherman that wants to try new places.you could have at least give him a name or number to reach a guide,or let me guess,your 1? .posts like this do nothing to promote this site or the friendships that i see here.that is all carry on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm sorry. I didn't think much about it when I posted, just a suggestion for someone that doesn't have a boat and would like to target larger fish for a change.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Melton Hill is tough enough from a boat, especially this time of year.. Bank fishing is pretty much limited to (1)below the dam at Melton Hill (striper, catfish, sauger),(2) below Norris Dam for trout, or (3) areas like Carbide Park, Solway Park, and Bull Run Creek Boat launch for Catfish. Just not alot of access from the bank on this river/lake. I agree with WSD3, if you really want to see some BIG fish, get a MUSKY Guide. Ive never done it, but after seeing Billy on the recent Larry Dahlburg shows, and actually having these monsters eye my kayak like they were considering it as bait, I am going to try to add this to my "minnow bucket list" of things to do. Good luck! Google" Melton Hill Muskie", or" Melton Hill Fishing guides", there are several to look at...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Muskue fishing is a real grind. We hired Stephen Paul 2 years ago in April. He is currently the state record holder for Muskie. Anyway it takes some know how so that one comes up during your figure 8 pattern that you don't freeze up like i did. All the sudden a big fish appears out of nowhere and i was not ready for it so did not hook up. I had two opportunities that day. We fished hard for 8 hours. You have to be ready!!! Anyway Stephen is a really enjoyable person and very knowledgeable. Reasonably priced as well. They call Muskie the fish of 10000 casts for a reason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts