East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I GUESS I'M KIND OF OLD SCHOOL.I HAVE USED MONO. & FLOUROCARBON LINES LINE FOR YEARS.I HAVE BEEN THANKING ABOUT TRYING BRAIDED.I THOUGHT ABOUT STREN FOR NIGHT FISHING.THEN GO BACK TO FIRELINE.THEN I THOUGHT SUFIX.IT HARD TO MAKE A CHANGE WHEN SOMETHING WORKS.BUT I'M GETTING OLDER AND I AM NO AS FAST AS I USED TO BE ON SETTING THE HOOK.I THOUGHT LESS STRECTH FASTER HOOK SET.

ABOUT ALL I FISH FOR ARE WALLEYE AND SAUGER.I BASS FISH SOME IN SUMMER WITH MY KIDS.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Rapala for walleye my choice is Berkley fireline with a six foot fluoro leader. I like to get jiggy with it and have found that this set up works best for me. Been using this set up for two years and I love it.

Now pulling/drifting bottom bouncers I still use mono and have thought about going to 30# Power Pro which I will try this year.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Power pro is the smoothest and longest lasting. I use it for all applications except it night when I use the flame fireline that glows under a black light.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
The only braid I use is Sufix braid and have not had one problem with it but I only use it for C-rigging and Jigs sometimes and will thow crankbaits on it in 20lb test 6lb diameter. Casts small cranks really well and lets them dive deeper.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANK FOR THE HELP!I FISH ALOT AT NIGHT FROM ABOUT END OF FEB. ON.I WAS WONDERING ABOUT FIRELINE AT NIGHT THANKS.I WONDER IF A MAN COULD USE STREN DAY AND NIGHT WITH OUT FISH SEEING IT IN THE DAY.RIGHT NOW I USE MR. CRAPPIE CAMO.LINE ON DOUGLAS BECAUSE OF THE STAINED WATER.ON CLINCH I US STREN MAGNATHIN WALLEYE COLOR BECAUSE THE WATER MOST OF THE TIME IS CLEAR.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Stren also has a braid out that you can see in a black light. Stren Microfusion in the Glacier blue color. It not a really bright color like Fireline. I use it day and night and fish very clear water lakes with it. Doesn't seem to be a problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Power Pro is in my opinion the number 1. Bass Pro has there own braided line now (at least up here) and it seems to be a close second. Bass pros is about the same price as Power Pro, but you get more line.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Another vote for power pro. It is the best I have used myself but it isn't flouresent so it wouldn't help you fishing of the night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts