East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im pondering using a floro as a tippet. Just mainly because of the sink factor and the visability or the lack of. Its pretty expensive but if any of you have used it tell me your thoughts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
very strong and easy to detect strikes...In my opinion flourocarbon tippet material is the best for wets & nymphs

It fairs well for dry flies as well becasue the tippet will sink just below the surface making it disapear, leaving the only thing the fish need to see...your fly

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What brand do you use?

·
Registered
57 Posts
UMPQUA Feather Merchants or Cabelas Prestige

Honestly, I have used several other brands and the only reason I use these is because I found them on sale. The brand does not seem to make any big differences in Flourocarbon (my experienced opinion). the Cabelas Prestige is probably my #1 choice, 1. Price and 2. It is Cabelas #1 retail Customer Service...any problems and they will gladly make it right to your satisfaction.

If I were you I would buy what ever you felt comfortable with as far as price first. Then maybe experiement with different ones. But like I said...I honestly have not seen any major differences in brands....

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I tried some seagaur floro today when i stopped by the fly shop on the way to the dam. It was 6x and 13.95$ but I have to say I really like it. But I will take your advice and try the Cabelas too. I love Cabelas..... Thanks for the input..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts