East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well gona take the boat out today to see how she runs with here new drive shaft. Hopefully gona fish for a couple hours also. Hoping to catch some bass that have moved up in that warmer water that we got from all the rain. gona be fishing around the reactor bend.. Will post back this evening to tell how we did.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the fishing was kinda slow ended up with 2 keepers and one dink. 1 keeper caught on a jig and one on a crank bait. This fish on the crankbait was the biggest and probably weighted 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. As far as the boat we are still having problems. Gona have to take all my tackle back out next week and send it back to the shop.. Oh well... I just hope its ready for the college tourneys this spring. Anyway I went out of Carbide and just fished around that bend of the lake. The fish seem to be holding around rocky points and 45 deg banks. Saw some baitfish flippin in the back of a cove but stuck to the main lake channel. Water temp was around 50.. Im sure if i could of stayed out there a little longer could of possible had a few more fish cause the seem to want to eat. As always melton hill isn't the easiest lake to fish. Anyway thats my report.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Thanks for the report, I know what you mean about Melton Hill I fish it all the time.I live 10 mins. from Solway.Hope you get your boat going.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Good catch. Bummer on the boat but certainly they will have you back on the water for the tournament trail good luck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hopefully we can get it working fine but with all this trouble with the motor lately i have been hinting to dad that maybe its time to upgrade.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts