East Tennessee Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all set out for the Soho today. Got on the water around one below the wier dam. Ended up with 4 browns and 1 rainbow. Caught all on a olive midge size 24. Had a few more get off and a couple strikes on the midge. Very good day but kinda crowded.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heck no cant stand the taste of trout

·
Registered
104 Posts
Caught a few myself today on the #22 olive midge. Caught several more on a #18 blue wing olive. No big fish. Rode around to the SOHO, but as you said -pretty crowded so I went to the Watauga and fished all alone. Nice day to be on the water. Glad you had a good day

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey fish whisperer was that a bead head bwo?

·
Registered
104 Posts
May sound sort of crazy ,but it was a dry. I was seeing a few trout rise-so I took a guess and tied one on. Not sure if it was an actual small hatch or just luck

·
Premium Member
5,979 Posts
Good job guys!
Glad to hear you had a good day!

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Boone there was alot of spin fishermen there off the banks. I talked to a couple they told me they where getting them off power bait,meal worms, and minnows.

Hey FW was is a olive colored sulfer? And what did you get them off of on Watauga, Do you wade there?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I fish the Watauga by wading and boat according to which section I am in. Wading was the poison yesterday. I honestly didn't get a good look at what the small flys were but they had a dark mayfly look and hence the reason for the BWO. Going back out in a little to see if I can further identify what they are.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you had any luck with parachute adams on the watauga in the past couple weeks, they have been hitting those on the soho and below ft pat henry too..

I plan on hitting that river next week where do you like to wade, Ive only fished it a couple times and it was too deep to wade where i was. I think im gonna head more towards stoney creek. Hey jig n jon i may fish behind your work.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts