East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
meet up with fishing fool this morning took both boats to little milligan fished all day. had kinda rough go at it my fishfinder is on the fritz made it a little more challenging. had lots of bites but trouble hookin up we only landed 5 all together we lost a few all the ones we landed were on the fnf. fishing fool threw the dropshot a little and i tried a 1/2 oz silverbuddy here and there probably should have more but im hooked on the fnf. still had a great time with the guys it was nice to get out on some different water. we're still a little salty so might hit up boone in the morning looking for a little redemption. here's a pic of todays best (fishing fool 3.2 smallie)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
easy guys, im not trying to get on anyones bad side my buddy fishing fool is just keeping one or two here and there for a fishfry. we throw nearly all our fish back. besides there's nothing wrong with eating a fish every once and a while.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Yeah it was a nice day to be on the water.I hate that i got skunked again but it was still great to be out there. we should hane definitly put more in the boat .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys, the fish sure did hit my sweet spot. I dont keep many but if im going to pay $135.00 per year you better bet im going to reap some rewards. yummy!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Your choice. Me personally, I could not enjoy that meal; no matter how much it costs to fish annually.

That sure was a beautiful smallie to remove from the gene pool. Glad you don't fish the same lakes I do.

Thanks for the report.

·
Banned
6,194 Posts
Hey guys, the fish sure did hit my sweet spot. I dont keep many but if im going to pay $135.00 per year you better bet im going to reap some rewards. yummy!

That's something I'll never understand is eating a big beautiful fish like that
, I know there's nothing wrong with it and it's legal and all. I don't do it, but I don't think we can judge peopel that do. The only issue I have is, if your going to catch something to eat take out the smaller plentifull fish, like on Norris, everyone on this site could catch 10 spots a day to eat and they would still be too many of them. So why not target some other fish to eat, just wondering like smaller bass or spots, bluegill, perch, crappie, sauger, walleye,catfish,etc??? Can you actually say that a big smallmouth really taste good, I have ate them years ago when we use to keep a few ( back about 20 years ago) and I never really like bass they were to fish tasting
, but the pan fish and the small spots/Ky's were better tasting and you can't beat Crappie,walleye/sauger...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts