East Tennessee Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was great meeting everyone today.
We had a pretty good turn-out of people for a 20 degree cold snowy day. Unfortunately not many of the fish got the memo that they were suppose to bite today. People started showing up around 6:30 this morning and we stood around talking until around 7:40. We launched and went fishing. Dad and I came back in around 3:45. Some had already left and others were on there way in.

As for the fishing... it was tough!! Team G3 ended up with 5 fish in the boat. Dad caught a 16" SM and a Bluegill and I caught a 18" Carp, a 10" SM and a 16.5" LM. We also saw three Deer swimming across the lake and they went right by our boat, up on the bank and into the woods. I'll let everyone else post their own report but I will say I believe it was tough for everyone. Below are some pics of our day. Again it was great to meet everyone and finally put faces with names. KUDOS to 371V for putting this together!
We'll have to do it again soon! ... let's just make sure the fish get the memo next time.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Thanks for the report Brian. That point you are sitting on is where my personal best smallmouth lives. (6lb 4oz.). Caught on a jig in about 20 feet of water while night fishing.

By the way,,,is that lipstick you got on in that first pic?

J

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sounds like you all had a good time. I wish I could have made it, but I was working in Enterprise Alabama. Seems I always have to work when I want to do something fun.

·
Banned
6,194 Posts
Where are the reports from the other people besides G-3?

Here you go:

Hey guys,

I'm just now logging on for the first time since the G2G. It was great to see everyone! The fish did not bite very well, but that's Holston for you. Feast or famine! We wound up with three smallies and a trout... and a terrible ear ache that I still haven't shook! My two smallies came on the bobber and Al's came on a jiggin' lure about 40' deep. I don't have any pics of my fish, but Al does... Here's a pic of Al's smallie:

And some more:

Al just sent me these:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts